Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kim Hyun Joong in the Philippines Part 1

Honestly, I'm having a hard time writing a fan account about his visit here in the Philippines. I think I am not yet ready, so my apologies if it will sound like a television series, full of to be continued. Trust me, it's not easy to write everything you experienced, felt, and witnessed.

So, how do I start? Wah! Tough. Tough. Tough.

Okay, let me begin with my story about the rumor last May. Okay, before we went to Macau, there was a rumor that he's actually coming. I immediately felt nervous about it. Thinking of him coming to the Philippines is really an issue for me. A big thing indeed! Well, I must admit, I laughed because I was thinking that maybe they're just using his name for a promo of another band who doesn't belong to a same agency as him. However, at the back of my mind, I'm thinking "What if it's true that he's really coming?" OMG!

Since we went to Macau, I did not bother to think of it anymore. Besides, Macau is enough already to think of my KHJ since they shot some scenes of BOF there. Wah, the Macau entry isn't finished yet. OMG talaga.

Fastforward! Monday, May 24 around 12:30 am, as soon as I arrived in the apartment, I immediately checked TSPH site and I saw the reservation thread already. Ofcourse, I immediately signed up for the VIP seats. I wanted to shout but I couldn't, I was so thrilled! TSPH has confirmed the rumor and the staff coordinated with VIVA already. I said, "WOW, kudos Viva!" Galing! They would be able to bring the hottest Asian star to the Philippines. Aside from this, I had to call Viva office and Araneta Coliseum to make sure that the news is RIGHT. I even searched my former officemate's FB account who's working in Viva to send her a message and ask if this is indeed true. I don't want to be disappointed in the end so I wanna make sure, it's real.

That week, I was convinced that yeah, he's comin' OMG! I was trembling!

I was supposed to watch U-Kiss concert but because Kim Hyung Joon did not continue his guesting due to their promotion in Korea, I didn't watch anymore. Besides, that's another expense for me. Of course, my priority would be Leader. Also, I promised myself that if I'm goin to watch a concert, it should be KHJ's concert. I was constantly talking to my online friends from Hyunnies Philippines about the concert and like me, they're also excited about the concert. We were even thinking of the possible numbers he would render at the concert. Ate Alyn, anu-ano nga ba yun? kkkkkk.


It was June 16 when I got my ticket. God knows how much I took care of that tix. I really put it in a safe place to make sure I won't lost it. Of course, it's my pass to see the second most important man in my life. Lol. I think I came home around 11pm because we have to get the tix in Regalla Tower. I was with ate Alyn that time. There, I met other Hyunnies, Unnie Lyd and Unnie Liz, ate neriz, and many others. Sorry girls, I'm poor in memorizing names. I also signed up for the fanmeet scheduled on June 18. I won't let this opportunity to see him. lol.

June 17, around 1pm, I checked my Twitter account using my cellphone and I found out that my angel has actually arrived safely. I couldn't react, I was very happy, excited, nervous, what else, name it, I felt it. Here are the videos of his concert teaser, arrival and his interview at 24 Oras. Although a lot of people criticized the way the reporters pronounced his name, I didn't mind it already, all I know is KHJ is here and I couldn't be any happier.


Would you believe that I even recorded that news using my cellphone? LOL.

June 18, I learned that he stayed at Crowne Plaza in Ortigas, which is near Robinsons Galleria. To be honest, our office is very near that hotel but I couldn't afford to leave my job. I had to wait for the fanmeeting and the concert. On the same day, I found out that he would have a guesting at Eat Bulaga. I prefer him to appear on this show rather than the other one because there are more Filipinos who watch that show. Good thing that my 230 student postponed her class! Woh! Thanks Losa. Good thing Madel has a phone equipped with TV. We really waited for him to be called. My GosH! we waited for a long time and if I were KHJ and the rest of his team, I would feel bored. Here's the video of his Eat Bulaga guesting. Gosh! How dare them call him "Kim" lol. There are a lot of Mr. Kim in Korea.

In this interview, KHJ was very funny and charming... as usual. He tried to speak a little Tagalog words like "Kumusta po kayo? and Maraming salamat po." Waaaaaaaah! I was shouting and screaming in front of my supervisor and operations manager. LOL.

He also appeared in other GMA programs like Startalk, Showbiz Central, and Q-TV's Tweetbitz and News on Q. Here are the videos.






He also guested in MYX. Here's the video.

He will be featured in KaBlog, another TV show in GMA7 this coming weekend.


Wooooooh! I can't breathe. These are just TV guestings and I'm not yet finished with my KHJ experience. I think I have to cut this entry and make another entry about the fanmeet and concert.

But before I close this entry, let me extend my thank you to the organizers of his fanmeet and concert here in the Philippines. To Viva Concerts, GMA-7, Myx Philippines, Underwood Productions, and Abiertas, different newspapers and radio stations who served as sponsors, KAMSAHAMNIDA from the bottom of my heart.