Monday, October 03, 2011

My Westlife Experience

September 29, 2011

This day was so special indeed!

This is the day I saw in flesh my favorite group! I like 90% of the songs they have recorded and it has always been a dream to watch their concert live. I wasn't fortunate when they first went here, same on the second. After 5 years, they're back! My wish is granted. I never let go of this chance.







We already reserved our tickets before going to Macau to make sure we got the best tix. We're just so excited and eager to see them. ^^

We arrived at the venue just in time for the concert. I felt so tired and stressed because I had to take the MRT that night. But it's fine with me just to make it to the concert. Before 8pm, I met Lhyza at the Araneta Coliseum Red Gate and we immediately entered the venue. Here I go, Mark, Nicky, Kian, and Shane. ^^

Before Westlife performed, there were some local performers from ABS-CBN who performed. I actually forgot their names, but I remember Pierro from Starstruck. My friend said he has a resemblance of James Younghusband. I have to agree, but very minimal. Hehe. After the local front acts, Westlife was about to make their entry, but there was a technical problem. Errrrr. Patience..patience...patience.

But as soon as the problem was solved, Westlife made their entry. Everyone was on their feet when these four handsome men sung their mega hit When You're Looking Like That. Gosh! I love that song so much and it felt great to be able to see them performing it before my very eyes. They sung other hits making all of us giddy and rocking! What an experience!







At the end of the concert, Westlife sung their hit song, Flying Without Wings. I tell you, I had goosebumps when they did that.



After watching this concert, I suddenly miss them. I want to watch more. I wanna hear more hit songs from them. Sigh. I really hope they come back here and have another concert. Please..please..please.
I realize that even if they haven't visited our country for the past years, their fans still love them. They waited patiently to see them on stage again. So sweet! AC was rockin! It really felt great seeing them, hearing them, and even singing with them while they're performing.

"Westlife songs are timeless. They can cross time, boundaries, and even races."

P.S.
Seeing how many people attended the event, I'm praying that HJ's concert will also turn out like this next year. Fighting!