Tuesday, October 25, 2011

On PGT...

Grrrrrrrr.

Soooo sleepy right now! I went to bed late last night coz I watched Pilipinas Got Talent. Sigh. I hate to say this but I was kinda disappointed with the result. Why? I thought Filipinos are matured already in choosing winners of talent shows like this. But it turned out, NO! I don't hate the winners, in fact, I think they are more deserving than the one whom I pretended would win because of his popularity.

I still think that El Gamma Penumbra is still the best among the 12 finalists. Call me loser or not, I don't give a damn shit. I still think their group was the one who performed the best, something that we can be proud of as Filipinos.

I was able to read some comments on the article about the talent show finals and found some interesting ones. Others were really disappointed with the results. Others were happy that atleast Khalil didn't win. Others wholeheartedly accepted the results. Some were saying that even if they didn't want the trio to win, people should accept that they already won the first prize. I gotta say that all of them have a point and somehow I share sympathy with them.

Yup, El Gamma is the winner for me and even if I was disappointed with the result, I was also y that Khalil didn't win. I'd rather see the trio win than him. Don't sue me, I don't hate him, infact I think he'll become famous someday, but I think there's nothing special about him. You gotta respect me coz it's my opinion, as I respect yours. I was actually laughing when Kris said that he's the new crush of "bayan", well spare me from that, hate me, I'd rather not be a part of your so-called "bayan." I think he's kinda normal, and probably the reason why he's got such popularity was because no one from this batch was able to match his ordinary looks. It might have been a different story if there's someone more good-looking than him in the contest. I bet the attention would be divided, as well as the text votes.

However, I gotta agree with the third one. We should move on! This is just one of those competitions which is not really after the talent per se, but more of money. Sorry to say this, but the only way to win is to receive more text votes and online votes. But how? One word, MONEY! You have to spend MONEY. However, we shouldn't let our emotion got in a way that we would become violent and disrespectful to others. Those people who preferred to leave the venue as soon as the winner was announced were frustrated however, aren't we aware that in a competition, there will always be winner and losers. After all, you can't do something about it because it's OVER!

Despite this, I am still happy for the trio because they have very strong fan base and these fans are willing to spend money for them. At the same time, it feels great knowing that even if they're kinda old now, they still continue to sing. I mean, they're setting a good example for young kids and even those on their 40s or even 50s that age isn't a hindrance in fulfilling their dreams. Hope those who are aspiring to be singers would be inspired their story.

Well, as for me, I still stood by my choice. I'm proud of El Gamma and I am proud to say "Batanguenos ROCK!!"

To all the finalists, congratulations!

(Note: I wrote this entry Monday morning but I only posted it tonight. Forgive me, I'm so busy.)