Saturday, October 06, 2007

Basketball heartthrob Chris Tiu is a new Kapuso!

NOEL FERRER
Basketball heartthrob Chris Tiu is a new Kapuso!

Issue # 1: Chris Tiu in Las Vegas with Pacquiao
Christopher John Alandy-Dy Tiu or Chris Tiu, 23 years old, captain ball and star player of the Ateneo Blue Eagles, a Management Engineering major, an honor student, a budding entrepreneur, SK chairman and occasional model will finally set foot on television for a pioneering primetime television show under the Kapuso Network!

But before anchoring his show whom he topbills with sports icon Manny Pacquiao, he is set to fly to Las Vegas to watch the Pacquiao-Barrera match which will be aired over GMA-7 this Sunday.
This is quite an opportunity for this young achiever who has been presented with a lot of program concepts — and who has finally found something that would fit his multi-tasks as student, basketball player, SK chairman and young businessman.

While the UE Warriors are up against the La Salle Archers in the UAAP basketball championship, the country stops for the Pacquiao-Barrera fight with an Atenean sportsperson in the front row — Chris Tiu — soon to be conquering a new arena — media! Good luck Chris!

i SPEAK:

GMA Executive Annette Gozon-Abrogar and I are about the happiest people with Chris’s entry in media. As a fellow Management Engineering major like Chris, Annette sees Chris Tiu’s excellence in his fields of endeavor as a good inspiration to the youth and to parents who would want their children to be like Chris.

His media stint is a perfect way to affect more people positively. In an interview with Chris in a magazine, he mentioned a very admirable guiding principle. Chris said, "Success should not be seen as an end, but as a means. The more you’ve achieved, the bigger your responsibility to share it to others. For example, if you are a successful businessman, you should use this opportunity to help other people, by being a just boss who pays fair wages and gives benefits. Use your achievements to help other people, so that they in turn could use what they’ve accomplished in the service of more."

Way to go, Chris Tiu! Welcome to our new Kapuso!
GREAT NEWS!waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since I came back from that vacation last last week, I feel more inspired and happier. I dunno what's the reason, but I feel great about this thing. That three-day vacation which I spent it with my family is really a gift for me! Now, I feel excited when I'm talking to my students..I am more relaxed now. I feel renewed..lol. Whatever the reason(s) is or are..could it be him/they..thank you..I love it!
Right now, I am excited already to see my favorite Tigers back in action..PBA will open on the 14th! yipee..I feel so excited..opps, that's an understatement!lol. All of us in Arriba are anticipating what would be the outfit/presentation of our Coca Cola Tigers. haha. Can't wait to see John again..with or without hair..lol, he still ROCKS! Go the Arsenal! Another thing that excites me is the fact that I'll be able to see my friends again, Ecel, Gladz, Ice, and the others..Im not sure if they'll go there all. I also feel excited to see someone I missed so much. I still don't have the courage to say who is he, but definitely, I would say that he's one of the reasons why I'm happy these days.
Before I forget, I just read from PEX that my crush, Chuck Allie of Starstruck has decided to leave showbusiness and continue his studies in Davao. T_T..I'm kind a sad bout this coz I won't be able to see him on TV..but I appreciate his decision. He's right! Education is more important..Showbusiness is just temporary. I just hope that someday, he comes back to prove that he's more talented that his batchmates. For me, still Chuck is the ultimate survivor who has the talent, the brains, the charisma, and the class. wah!
Can't get over with Marimar ang drama ng isa kong roommate..peace Nelly! haha. Did you see the latest Cosmopolitan issue? wah! Marian Rivera looks pretty and classy there! I don't really like her but she deserves all the good reviews about her nowadays. She's really IN!