Tuesday, July 10, 2007

on UAAP & Marvin cruz!

I saw part of the UP-DLSU game last Saturday and I was sad about the game. Sad, with the way the team played! I really don't expect them to win that game. DLSU is a strong team this year and they really beefed up their line-up with the entry of those..ewan! basta..I already expected a loss for that game since the team is composed of mainly sophomores and rookies. Obviously, there is no chemistry between the players yet. They are just starting to play with each other though they have played in other previous tournaments already. During the game, I saw some familiar faces for the DLSU side. Mac Cardona was there, so with Coke's Joseph Yeo. Talagang may Coke noh?haha..I just miss them so much.sigh..I just don't know if he will still be wearing the Tiger uniform next season.After Seph, they also focused Marvin Cruz. Wah! Gosh! I miss seeing him in UP uniform. He's really a big loss to UP. despite criticisms from fellow UPians, UP will definitely miss Marvin's daredevil moves and leadership inside the court. "Tingnan lang natin kung mapapantayan ng mga new recruits ni Lipa ang naibigay ni Marvin ni UPMBT." Do I sound bitter for Marvin? Nope! I sound bitter for the UPMBT. The rookie pointguards should have learned something from Marvin's experience but they did not consider this. It's actually a gain for Marvin on the other hand. Imagine, he can now play for the big league where he can prove what he's really made of. Though there are doubts on his ability to claim fame in the pro league because of his height, still, there will always be a room for a good pointguard like him. This coming Aug.19, I will be watching the annual draft in Market2 to see what team would draft him. I only have wish though, I hope that he will play along side with John and **** so that it wouldn't be so hard to cheer for him. Siguro naman malalapitan ko na xa on that day because wala nang frustrating game like what happened last June 10, 2007.hehe. And for the UPMBT, keep on improving guys! Keep the Maroon Pride higher!U