Monday, March 05, 2007

John's buzzer-beating three-point shot!

MOOD: Happy.....

Around 3pm, me and my housemates arrived in Cuneta Astrodome. We left the house early and rode on a taxi so that we could arrive there on time. We still have a look for the ticket booths. You know, Im not really familiar with the venue coz the last time we watched, we juz bought tix from the scalpers..yeah! from the scalper. Actually, when we arrived there, there was a man offering us tix already at a lower prize. But I did not buy the idea coz I've learned my lessons already. I don't want to tolerate that kind of bad behavior.
We just stayed in Jollibee and ate Sundaes before we entered Cuneta. There, we met the mascot..haha. I even shook his hand..it's my first time..lol. For a moment, I felt I was still a kid.haha. Around 3:30, we bought tix at the booth and entered the venue. There, we saw the Tigers practicing! And guess what who I saw first! it was my fav..xempre c JA!While waiting for the game to start, we just watched them practicing and there I saw a new players like Chester Tolomia, come-backing Leo Avenido, Bernzon Franco, and Irwin Sotto. I also saw Ali, Denoc, Jason, Seph, Chris, Will, kuya MC, and other players on the reserve list. As what I expected, John was the only one wearing jogging pants during the practice. He normally does that even in Araneta.iPBA was shown in Cunata, too..but it was interesting to see. Infact, I hoped that it would be finished already coz it's so irritating!I was watching John when I saw him wearing a no. 23 jogging pants. At first, I thought he changed his no. 31 jersey to no. 23. Well, I was wrong coz it wasn't. haha. Funny but that jogging pants belongs to their import. Si John talaga!
Before the game starts, the two team captains, John and Alex talked with the refs. The two had fun chatting. I think they're really friends coz they're really laughing while talking with the officials. Then, the first quarter started. Coke's first 5 includes Denoc, Ali, import Anthony Johnson, Will, and their other import John...juz kidding. Welcoat kc has 2 imports in the person of Clark and Alex Compton. At first, the two teams found it difficult to score probably because they're feeling rusty. Tagal kc ng vacation e. Buti na lang, Ali made a good first quarter. So with the import Johnson. However, he got I think two early fouls.tssk.tssk. John however made a three-point shot at the left side of the court. The first quarter ended with John having 3-pts. But it was okay coz everyone was contributing and the team was leading. During the second quarter, the Tigers had a big lead. Anthony Johnson, also known as AJ or MJ kc no. 23 ba naman like Jordan, showed what he's made up. Even Ali was unstoppable. John was so quiet that he's allowing his teamates to shot and made the baskets. But towards the last second of the first half, John made this buzzer beating three-point shot from the backcourt that brought the house down. I really jumped out of exciting and happiness when he made that shot. Even the employees of Coca Cola Bottlers who were there to support the team went off their feet and cheered. Grabeh! John had juz committed the "shot of the game." ** I was really touched when I saw banners from the Coke employees. They were very supportive to the team. What a way to start the conference!
The third quarter started with John hitting a three-point shot! Geez..John hasn't missed a three-pt shot! luv it! But as the third quarter progressed, Welcoat made a run and even took a lead temporarily. Thank God for Coke has one player who refused to give up. You know him already. John single-handedly carried the team. From a 6-pt performance at the first half, he scored 12 points to lead the locals. During the fourth quarter, Johnson was able to bounce back despite having four fouls. Ali made too very important freethrows which sealed the victory for the Tigers despite compton's two three-point shots. What a game! Tough one but very exciting!
After the game, we had a chat with John and obviously, I was very excited to finally seeing him again. Good thing, he easily recognized me. I introduced my two housemates who were tounged-tied when John shook their hands. Opps..sorry bluescarletrose & shasha. John has never changed. He still the kindest basketball player that I have ever met.
Postcripts: Everything was doing okay until supporters of a "pet" senatoriable came to Cuneta. Damn! I swear I won't vote for him! Even senatoriable Cesar Montano was there. No comment!I respect him coz it's his right to run.