Monday, March 12, 2007

Coke vs. Purefoods..

MOOD:
Last Friday, I wasn't able to watch the game live coz I have work and Cuneta is so far. In as much as I want to watch it live and support John and the Tigers but I really can't. So I just went home early to watch on TV and thank GOD, I was able to see the 2nd quarter of the game. While watching, I found out that Coke was downed by 21 points during the first quarter but the team was able to bounce back in the second quarter. When the third quarter started, the Tigers continued to score points but the Giants maintained their lead till the end of the quarter. The fourth quarter started and I was definitely all ears and all eyes to the game. I'm waitign for an explosion that is sure to come. Not the explosion of the import Anthony Johnson, but the explosion of the other import..juz kidding..of course, Im talking about John's explosion. Throughout the game, John has faced great adversaries interms of defense. Coach Ryan makes sure that they shut down John to win the game but he was WRONG! PF's defense was able to contain John for three quarters but fourth quarter is a BIG NO NO! For the first three quarters of the game, James Yap, Anthony Johnson, and Jessie King put up a show. But it's John's for the fourth & final quarter. Although, Will did well..still, John scored 13 points in the final canto. John tied the game and made some crucial three-point shots to give the Tigers the win. Not only that..did you know that he was the one who gave that assist to Johnson for a spectacular shot during the second quarter. Also, John also issued the assist to Ali Peek that gave Ali his point to attain that 5k career point mark.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Speaking of the Ali's career milestone, the game was stopped to give him a recognition. He was greeted by his teammates and of course, the coaching staff. Grabeh! Ali was so emotional but he kept on smiling. I was so touched when he and John hugged each other. Once again, I was able to prove that true men hug each other. You see, these two have been teammates for a very long time. John started his career as a pro with the Aces in 2001 whose main man is Ali Peek. They won a championship together in 2003. And they were both traded to Coca Cola the next year. They have gone through a lot and they are both hoping that they can once again get a ring in the future. Congratulations Ali! You just deserved what you have achieved so far. (oh..I feel like I want to cry.) Too bad, i wasn't there to congratualte him. Maybe on Wednesday, I will.