Saturday, September 25, 2010

[PERSONAL] My Top 5 ASIAN DRAMA

I love watching Asian dramas. It all started when Korean Wave hit the Philippines. Thanks to FullHouse and Stairway to Heaven as well Winter Sonata. I realized that it's actually fun watching real drama aside from the usual anime and Mexican series, and of course, our very own Filipino telenovelas.
This morning, I was checking mysoju.com and I saw some familiar dramas on most watched and most liked ranking, in Korea and in Asia. So, I'm makin' my own list of my Top 5 Asian series. I initially wanted to name 10 but I guess I've watched a lot that it would too difficult to name all of them since I like them so much. At least 5 is safe! Now, let's start the ball rollin!

[5] FullHouse/Coffee Prince

It's a TIE! Haha. I told yah it's hard for me to name them since there are a lot of beautiful dramas out there. But I have to say, FullHouse and Coffee Prince started my addiction in watchin' Korean series. The characters that Rain and Song Hye Gyo portrayed in FullHouse are very funny and cute. Of course, the chemistry is great! However, I still prefer SHG with Hyun Bin in real life. I remember I still watched Fullhouse even though it was being aired late.

My favorite scene:


Just like FullHouse, Coffee Prince is full of fun! Who wouldn't get mesmerized with Gong Yoo's masculinity and Yoon Eun Hye's cuteness! Plain adorable. But aside from the main leads, what I like about this drama is the story and it's sense of maturity. Hmmm. And of course, my waffle guy! Lol. I'm really glad that he is given more opportunities nowadays to show his talent in acting. Kim Jae Wook, Fighting!



[4] -You're Beautiful

At no. 4, it has to be You're Beautiful! I really admire the Hong Sisters for makin' this idol drama not just a typical drama. They're really amazing! I love every character, even the meanest, the character being played by UEE. I love how she made Go Mi Nam's life miserable. She's really effective coz she was able to make me hate her! lol. The moment the nation's fairy gives you that look...damn! Soooo scary!
However, even if I like every character, I still feel that the role of Kang Shin Woo was patterned to BOF's Ji Hoo sunbae, the ever loyal and supportive friend to the main lead girl. Somehow, it pissed me off! Gosh! Have some originality! Haha. Sooo BOF! Still I love this drama. And it's soundtrack is amazing! I always listen to Promise and Still as Ever by the A.N.Jell.

My favorite scene:


It was one of the scenes I felt like I don't wanna be like him. Haha. Somehow, I can relate to his character and feelings. Gosh!


[3]Hana Kimi Japanese version

Before, it is used to be my favorite Asian series. I just love Toma Ikuta here. Of course, Shun Oguri is like one of Asia's best. But here, Toma got me. LOL. I just can't forget the nosebleed scenes! I love them!

Well, though the drama failed to convince me that Maki Horikita looks like a man, still I find it better than the Taiwanese version. Maki is really pretty and cute! I also like the feel of the drama, it's so anime-like that I feel the actors really exerted too much effort for the audience to enjoy. I love the dorm leaders especially Hiro! Waaaaaah! They're all funny, wacky and admirable!


"yeah, baby!"




My favorite scene:




[2] Boys Over Flower

This is such a phenomenon in Asia!
At first, I didn't plan to watch it because I thought that the story would just be similar to Meteor Garden. However, I totally love the story and the characters. I love Goo Jun Pyo's hair though I think it's a little heavy! Peace Lee Min Ho fans. kkkk. I love Kim Bum's acting as well as Kim Joon's portrayal of a gangstah! Haha. I wish he was given more airtime and better story. Jan Di was so cute though some "critics" don't like her acting. Anyway, BOF opened a lot of opportunities for me. I totally appreciated Korean music with BOF's official soundtrack. Shinee's Stand By Me is such a nice song though I'm not a fan of them. It's always fun hearing the catchy "Paradise." But what I love the most on it's OST is the song, Because I'm Stupid. I like the two versions (SS501's trio, and Kim Hyun Joong) but I prefer the acoustic one! BOF also gave me a free tour in New Caledonia, Jeju Island, and Macau. LOL

My favorite scenes: It has to be ALL KIM HYUN JOONG scenes! LOL




And now we're down to NUMBER ONE!

[1] Playful Kiss

This is really amazing! Imagine, only 8 episodes are being shown in Korea, and yet I consider this as my number 1 already. I don't know if it's all because of Hyun Joong but I've learned to love the drama though I haven't seen the other versions except the anime. I totally love the anime that's why I'm really excited for the Korean version.

In this version, I can relate to OH Hani very much. She's such a darling! I like her innocence, and never-say die attitude. Although she admits that she's slow like a snail, she never gives up on everything.. just like her love for Baek Seung Jo! LOL

Now, for the lead, need to say more? This is Kim Hyun Joong's first project as the main lead. He's quite known already because he's a member of an idol group but acting is not his comfort zone. He was casted in BOF that made him a household name in Asia. And now, his drama though not well-received in Korea based on the ratings per se, is taking Asia by storm. Opps. Not only Asia but also in other parts of the world. I am just happy that a lot of people who criticized him in BOF liked his portrayal of Baek Seung Jo. I love reading their comments about his much-improved acting this time around.
Good job Hyun Joong! Now, you're half-ready to portray your dream role - an insane!

Playful Kiss being a feel-good drama will bring back the high-schooler in YOU! You'll remember your first crush/love and all your dreamy moments with him/her. Everyone can relate to the changes that a teenager undergoes, from being an adolescent to an early adult individual striving to prove himself. It will re-open the colorful chapter of your life wherein you want to tell everyone that you could stand up without any support from your family. It also brings back memories of some "stupid things" you did in high school and how to pretend to be matured enough upon entering college, the struggle, the disappointments, and satisfaction as well.

Gosh, I'm really liking this drama, given a very simple story and of course the great chemistry between Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min. They are really perfect for the roles! The OST is also an additional point, G.NA's Kiss Me and KHJ's One More Time add to the beauty of the drama.

My favorite scene: Of course just like in BOF, I like all KHJ scenes but so far, this is my MOST FAVORITE part!



JUST MY HONEST OPINION, I DON'T MIND HAVING THIS SHOW A LOW RATING BECAUSE INTERNATIONALLY, IT'S A BIGGER HIT COMPARED TO THOSE HIGHLY-RATED ONES IN KOREA, I JUST PITY THOSE PEOPLE WHO DON'T WATCH THIS BECAUSE YOU'RE MISSIN' THE FUN AND EXCITEMENT.