Tuesday, August 22, 2006

2006 PBA draft..

Grabeh!I watched the PBA Drafting together with my bestfriend Tere, last Sunday in Market! Market! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to talk to JA coz there are a lot of people.ang sikip! Well, I expected it coz it's draft day and they're doing it in the mall so what can I expect. But it's ok na rin, I saw John wearing a white Nike polo shirt and a Nike cap!Siyempre authentic Nike products coz he's one of the endorsers here. Kumbaga, Im used to seeing him wearing Nike products.lol
Before that, we saw Josep Yeo with his not so colorful hair..duh!well he's not that tall, I thinkhe's only 5'8"..cute.and in fairness he has many fans. The team that would draft him would have more fans surely..lol.(cno kaya?) We also saw other players from other teams. My bestfriend was so happy when she saw Alvin Patrimonio..puti raw and flawless khit medyo me edad na. I also saw Johnny but I'm not the type of person who would approach a player unless he's..(ang taray!) But he's really friendly and accommodating to his fans.Im happy he's still with Coke despite news that his former team wants him back!Great!(Try harder Cone!lol
When drafting started, im so excited to know who'll be Coke's first pick. Kelly williams went to SLR, then Arwing Santos to Air21..and OMG! it's Joseph yeo to Coke!and guess what it's John who gave him the COKE jacket!(welcome man!lol) syempre with coach Binky and other Coke officials.I also saw the new assistant coaches of the team, Boybits Victoria and Ritchie Ticson..and team manager Hector Calma.Ali Peek, Gerard Francisco, Neil Raneses were also there. Too bad Denok was not there bcoz he's in Brunei playing for the national team. Sayang, he should have there to welcome Coke's 2nd pick, RJ Rizada. Grabeh!I really jumped when Commish named him coz I know he's a good player. He's a good 3-pt shooter back in his college days. Im not from FEU but I know the guy can play basketball.
Other players who were drafted by the team were Caceres (not familiar with him..) so with Chris Pacana..although there are news that they really did well during the rookie camp.They got Gavino, a former Maroon..although dun lang sya nagMasteral..hehe. And of course Ronjay Enrile of Letran. Pretty good players although Coke will still lack big men. They let go of the opportunity to draft Mark Isip by acquiring Yeo. But as what Coach Binky said, they would like to run that's why they got many guards and shooters. Still, Coke line-up is not yet complete. There are still trades to happen..that's for sure!
To all rookies of COke..congratulations and welcome to the team (that is if the team signs you..lol