Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Addiction to KDramas...






I admit that I'm a Korean drama fanatic but before you raise your eyebrow, I don't watch most of them. I only choose a few that appeal to me. For instance, Baker King was a hit in Korea, but I didn't watch it. Although it is being shown right now in the Philippines, I still don't have a plan of watching it. Why? Because it doesn't appeal to me.

My addiction probably started with Autumn in Heart, followed by Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven. These dramas made me sympathyze with the characters of Song Hye Gyo, Won Bin, Bae Yong Joon, Choi Ji Woo, and got mad with Kim Tae Hee. LOL.

FullHouse caused me to stay up all night because it was shown late on GMA7. Kim Sam Son's character made me realized that women should be independent and strong. I just love Kim Sun Ah's character there. MNIKSS will always be part of my favorite list of Korean dramas. Hyun Bin caught my attention there, too making me search stuff on the net about him. There you go my first Korean crush. kekeke.

After watching Kim Sam Son, I took a break from watching romantic dramas. I became glued to Jumong and Dae Jang Geum. Although these dramas have very long storyline, I took time to watch them because the plot and the costumes are amazing. It was also beneficial watching them because it helps me gain information about Korean culture that could help me in dealing with my Korean students.


Fast forward in 2009. I became addicted once again to another Korean series. At first, I was hesitant to watch it because I already know it's story and of course the ending. I'm talking about Boys Over Flowers, which features the famous F4. I didn't know that it will be a turning point of my addiction to Korean drama. Yup, I watch these Korean series but I can't fully say that I love them. I like them but I won't take the time to research them everyday. However BOF made me do that. Since I started watching it, I also read reviews and news about them. I couldn't wait for the subbed version of the drama on mysoju. com. Funny! Funny!





This drama also introduced me to my current apple of the eye! First, it was Hyun Bin. And now, it's Kim Hyun Joong. Everyday, I research about him and his projects. Because of him, I got to know SS501! I started memorizing and singing Korean songs. Woooooooh! His recent drama, Playful Kiss, a hit worldwide is the number drama on my list. I watched it real time! Would you believe that? No subtitle! kekeke. Well, Who wouldn't fall in love with Baek Seung Jo and Oh Hani in that drama. I just love that couple!

I also watched other Korean dramas last year like Lee Min Ho's Personal Taste, Pasta, and Jang Geun Seok's You're Beautiful.



Right now, I'm currently watching two dramas. I'm about to finish Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won's Secret Garden. After that, I will focus on My Princess starring Kim Tae Hee and Song Seung Heon.

This year, I'm looking forward to more Korean series. And I hoping that my favorites will be in just one drama together. Guess who are they? :)